North Haledon Tennis Courts: Covid‐19 Guidelines
In accordance with NJ Executive Order #147 and USTA Recommendations
Guidelines for Players
Do Not Play or Attend If You: Are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid‐19; have been exposed to Covid‐19 in the last 14 days; or have serious underlying health conditions.
- Play should be limited to family members, people who live in your household, or with individuals who are at low probability of carrying the COVID‐19 virus.
- Individuals not participating in a game or practice, such as parents/guardians should wear cloth or disposable face coverings unless doing so would inhibit the individual’s health or the individual is under the age of two.
- Players should wear cloth or disposable face coverings when not engaging in vigorous activity, such as when sitting on the bench.
- No more than 4 people allowed on each court. If you are not family members, only one person allowed on one side.
- Bring hand sanitizer. Before play, wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Bring your own equipment, water and drinks and snacks.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles.
- Do not share racquets, water bottles or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats, and towels.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc.
- The middle court will remain closed for play to limit ball and player interaction.
- Try to stay at least 6 feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or giving a high‐five).
- If playing doubles only use a partner who is a family member or person that live in your household.
- If you are not family members, play with two cans of balls, each with different numbers. Each player would only touch the balls assigned to him/her and would kick/hit your opponent’s balls back to them.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet, or other equipment. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls, unless serving.
- Do not change ends‐stay on one side of the court.
- Remain apart when taking a break.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands thoroughly after coming off the court.