North Haledon Pickleball Courts: Covid‐19 Return to Play Guidelines
In accordance with NJ Executive Order #147 and USAPA Recommendations
Guidelines for Players
Do Not Play or Attend If You: Are exhibiting any symptoms of coronavirus; have been exposed to COVID‐19 in the last 14 days; or have serious underlying health conditions.
- Play should be limited to family members, people who live in your household, or with individuals who are at low probability of carrying the COVID‐19 virus.
- Individuals not participating in a game or practice, such as parents/guardians should wear cloth or disposable face coverings unless doing so would inhibit the individual’s health or the individual is under the age of two.
- Players should wear cloth or disposable face coverings when not engaging in vigorous activity, such as when sitting on the bench or resting.
- No more than 4 people allowed on each court. If you are not family members, only one person allowed on one side.
- Each player will use a different colored Pickleball. Each player should only touch the Pickleball(s) assigned to him/her during warm‐up or for serving and should kick/hit your opponent’s balls back to them with your foot or paddle.
- Do not change ends during play ‐ stay on one side of the court.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your paddle.
- Bring hand sanitizer. Before play, wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Bring your own equipment, water and drinks and snacks.
- Do not share paddles, water bottles or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats, and towels.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc.
- Adhere to social distancing policies and remain at least 6 feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or giving a high‐five). Do not meet at center court at the conclusion of your game.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, paddle or other equipment. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Remain apart after games or while taking a break.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands thoroughly after coming off the court. Clean and wipe down your equipment, including paddles, grips, and water bottles after play.