March 15, 2020
I am writing to you to give you an update on the status of all our recreation programs. As I’m sure many of you know we have decided to pause all our programs for 30 days. As the situation evolves, we will give you updates. Please note that this pause not only affects our programs but the use of all our fields, batting cages, tennis courts, soccer fields, playgrounds and everything else under the recreation umbrella.
As to our specific programs please note the following:
Boys’ travel Basketball – There are two teams left (6th and 8th) that are in the league finals. Those games have been tentatively scheduled by the NJJBL for March 27th or April 17th. This is subject to further evaluation since one of the dates falls within our 30-day suspension. It is our hope they will be played. Also, there is one team (5th) in a non-league post season tournament that has also been postponed with the hope of completing it in the future with no dates set.
Girls’ travel Basketball – There is one team (7/8th) left playing in the tournament and those games will hopefully be rescheduled.
In-town boys’ and girls’ Basketball – There are various teams left in the post season tournament. It is hoped games can be rescheduled but it may be impossible since other seasons are supposed to start.
Volleyball – The spring program is canceled. As soon as we have information on the next clinic, we will update everyone. We will give everyone a credit for their registration fee. We will discuss the logistics of that in the future.
Bowling – There is one remaining session, the bowling party, that has been rescheduled to May 2. If anything changes, we will update you.
Archery – There are two active shooting sessions left followed by the end of season party. The program has been suspended but it is likely, due to facility issues, that the program will be concluded. If it is concluded, we will provide a $10 credit to all participants for next year’s program. We will discuss the logistics of that in the future.
Baseball and Softball, travel and in-town – The program has been suspended for 30 days and we will reevaluate that as more information becomes available. It is our hope to conduct all the seasons. If they are not started, we will give everyone a credit for their registration fee. We will discuss the logistics of that in the future.
Pickleball / Tennis / Soccer – As of this time we are optimistic that the seasons will not be affected. Registration is on hold. As more information becomes available, we will advise you.
In the future any updates will be distributed through community pass to all our registrants. To prevent confusion, information will only come directly from me so there are never any mixed messages. Before reaching any final decisions, I will consult with the program directors, the local and county Boards of Health and the Mayor.
Please stay calm and safe. We will all get through this and get back to normal.
Chairman NH Recreation Commission