Monday June 15, 2020
Re: North Haledon Recreation Commission Programs
As you may know, the Recreation Commission has been meeting remotely these last few months. We met again last Tuesday and fully discussed all our options. As a result, I would like to give you an update on the status of our relevant recreation programs. As the situation further evolves, I will continue to give you updates.
Boys’ travel basketball – There are two teams left (6th and 8th) that are in the league finals. The league still intends to play these games conditions permitting. No firm date has been set.
Girls’ travel basketball – There is one team (7/8th) left playing in the tournament and those games will hopefully be rescheduled but there is no firm date.
Volleyball – We are still planning on a fall or winter season. We will discuss the logistics of that in the future.
Bowling – There is one remaining session, the bowling party. It is our intent to reschedule it when conditions permit.
Baseball and softball in-town – The programs are canceled, since the state has not permitted games as of this time, and the season has already ended. All those that registered will receive a credit on their family account that can be used towards their next registration. If your child(ren) will not be participating in future Recreation programs, please e-mail us to be refunded. Kindly give us some time to get this done.
Baseball and softball travel – Tryouts for all teams will be announced this week (and can be held as of June 22), and we will then open registration. Parents will be required to sign a permission slip and follow various rules that will be posted. As of this time only practice is allowed, but we will update you as the situation evolves.
Tennis – The organized program is cancelled for the 2020 season but refer to the information attached regarding the opening of the tennis courts on June 22, 2020.
Soccer – As of this time, we are optimistic that the season will not be affected. However, registration though is on hold. Our league reps have been attending the league meetings online, and the league is considering various contingency plans. We will be sending a questionnaire to all parents through Community Pass in early July.
Pickleball – As of this time, we are optimistic the fall season will not be affected. We will advise you as more information becomes available. Please refer to the information attached regarding the opening of the pickleball courts on June 22, 2020.
In the future any updates will be distributed through community pass to all our registrants. To prevent confusion information will only come directly from me so there are never any mixed messages. Before reaching any final decisions, I will consult with the program directors, the local and county Board’s of Health, and the Mayor. Please understand that the safety of your children is our number one concern, and any program decisions we make will be guided by that priority. Also, please be assured, that once we feel we can safely proceed we will be able to get the programs up and running quickly.
I know this has not been easy, but things are improving, and we will all get through this and get back to normal.
Chairman NH Recreation Commission